Its not ideal, but I could live with that. That's somewhat less ambiguous
than [general purpose] domains, but still ambiguous; the Appendix or the
same section could easily clarify "unrestrictive usage policies",  and then
maybe the appendix, as you say, could cover the known issues and
workarounds.

If I'm being honest, given the different versions put forth so far, it
seems like this type of language is closer to the compromise on the
interoperability statement. The other versions say relatively the same
thing.

- Mark Alley