On Sun, 7 Apr 2024, Neil Anuskiewicz wrote:
I think clear statement and supporting text explaining clearly that SPF is no
longer the policy layer would be a good idea. While it might be slightly out of
scope, I have encountered people who think best practice is to enforce with
-ALL.

Nobody is crazy about SPF but removing it completely is too much of a change. As Ale pointed out, if you don't want people to use SPF for your DMARC validation, make all your SPF entries ? or ~ rather than +.

This WG should have finished a year ago. Unless you think something is so broken that it's worth more months of delay, forget it.

Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Taughannock Networks, Trumansburg NY