On 1/18/12 9:29 AM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
Andrei Alexandrescu, el 18 de enero a las 07:49 me escribiste:
On 1/18/12 4:38 AM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
Andrei Alexandrescu, el 17 de enero a las 16:04 me escribiste:
On 1/17/12 3:49 PM, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
I'm not a fan of bugzilla, but why it doesn't fit for that?

Ranking and tracking progress on large and complex tasks e.g. shared
libraries and win64 with bugzilla is problematic.

Why? You just repeated the same but didn't tell why :)

Well the process is stalled for now. Walter didn't get trello.com to
work on XP/IE8 and considers that a showstopper.

ENOPARSE

I meant the answer would be superfluous now that the entire process has been stalled.

Why you can't do that using bugzilla was the question, in case you want
to answer it eventually :)

It's simple - planning software has means to rank and track large tasks of coarse granularity. Bugzilla offers as far as I can tell ranking by eight predefined severities ("enhancement" through "regression") but no simple way to say "let me put this task ahead the other". There's no way to establish milestones and track progress for a task. There's no way to show "top-level" tasks of which many other smaller tasks depend - all you get is a flat view of thousands of issues.

I'm sure we could devise workarounds, but at best we should use for collaborative planning something that is geared for collaborative planning.


Andrei
_______________________________________________
dmd-internals mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals

Reply via email to