It's simple: It usually goes in both. You file a bug/enhancement request/whatever on Bugzilla. People then post on Trello when they're working on it, adding comments/changes as they make progress.
It's important to understand that Trello is for more real-time coordination of tasks, while Bugzilla is more of a "new bug -> confirmed -> closed (as fixed or wontfix or whatever)" thing. Regards, Alex On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Leandro Lucarella <[email protected]> wrote: > Andrei Alexandrescu, el 18 de enero a las 10:35 me escribiste: >> >>Well the process is stalled for now. Walter didn't get trello.com to >> >>work on XP/IE8 and considers that a showstopper. >> > >> >ENOPARSE >> >> I meant the answer would be superfluous now that the entire process >> has been stalled. > > I still don't understand how Walter problems with trello.com has > anything to do with anything, or about what "process" are you talking > about, but never mind, I guess is not really important anyway. > >> >Why you can't do that using bugzilla was the question, in case you want >> >to answer it eventually :) >> >> It's simple - planning software has means to rank and track large >> tasks of coarse granularity. Bugzilla offers as far as I can tell >> ranking by eight predefined severities ("enhancement" through >> "regression") but no simple way to say "let me put this task ahead >> the other". There's no way to establish milestones and track >> progress for a task. There's no way to show "top-level" tasks of >> which many other smaller tasks depend - all you get is a flat view >> of thousands of issues. >> >> I'm sure we could devise workarounds, but at best we should use for >> collaborative planning something that is geared for collaborative >> planning. > > OK, so you could do all you need with bugzilla, but you want a better > tool for that purpose, instead of stretching bugzilla's limits. Sounds > reasonable, but I think you should have in mind that both tools will > have a lot in common, and it will be hard to figure out what's a bug and > belongs to bugzilla, and what's a task and belongs to the planning tool. > I fear this will divide the community, and make both tools redundant, > having duplicates among the tools. > > -- > Leandro Lucarella (AKA luca) http://llucax.com.ar/ > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > GPG Key: 5F5A8D05 (F8CD F9A7 BF00 5431 4145 104C 949E BFB6 5F5A 8D05) > ---------------------------------------------------------------------- > More people die from a champagne-cork popping, > than from poison spiders > _______________________________________________ > dmd-internals mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals _______________________________________________ dmd-internals mailing list [email protected] http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals
