On 1/18/2012 11:54 AM, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
Still, it's pretty bad that Trello doesn't work on IE8. Even if IE8 were
absolute junk, it's one of the most used browsers on the planet (though IIRC
IE in general has fallen below 50% market share now). So, unless there's
something fundamentally wrong with it that really doesn't make it work with
what you're trying to do (and maybe even then), I would think that it would be
quite important to get your web app working on IE8.
Trello is the first web site I've encountered that won't work with IE8.
Undoubtedly there will be more in the future, but I don't think our mission is
to be in the vanguard of evangelizing people to change operating systems or
switch browsers.
I'd fully expect programmers to have other browsers installed and be using one
of those normally.
I had a minor issue with github on IE8, reported it, and the github dev team had
it fixed within a day. Github is targeted at computer savvy developers. I often
send around and post links to github pages (and I think doing so is crucial to
D), with nary a concern that my target audience will not be able to view the pages.
_______________________________________________
dmd-internals mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.puremagic.com/mailman/listinfo/dmd-internals