I've reviewed both the documents and here is my feedback.

1. Both the documents are well written and many points are valid and
equally many points are also debatable, but is not a blocker for the draft
adoption.
3. Given the efforts put in by the Authors of both the documents, I'd hate
to pick one document. This is literally a beauty context and they all look
lovely :)

So, I'd suggest a merger of both of the documents, or some how split the
work into two parts and let both the groups work on respective parts.

Sri