Am 28.12.2014 21:47, schrieb Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI:
OTOH desktop users that will be attracted to Devuan will also be in
majority the same who also already renounced Gnome and Kde.

Very likely yes. But still the largest number of all is probably server admins. Linux is mostly a server OS anyway, and desktop users probably care less about the init system than server admins do.