On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 04:57:19PM +0300, Mitt Green wrote:
> ‎I wonder how many people that use Debian for quite long time (since 90s or
> the beginning of this millennium) really like systemd, GNOME3
> and all these controversial things. I haven't met any. And even more,
> most "greybeards" that I've seen oppose it. Seems like they don't have
> a right to vote.

I didn't use any of those ever.  I was using WindowMaker, then
fluxbox/openbox, now awesome wm. I don't care for eye candy.

> Debian is Fedora already, assuming Red Hat is taking control
> of the whole system in a known way. Red Hat is 2010s Novell.

I know, and that's the reason I did not mentioned Red Hat. I think that
the current Debian DD leaders resigned the right and the privilege to
create a real Universal OS to follow the decision made in another
place. Just like Fedora maintainers do.

> By the way, each time Fedora comes, I try LiveCD with it, GNOME3, Workstation
> as they call it. Each time it fails, freezing in either boot stage, while
> copying
> data, while doing usual tasks with GUI. Their package management is slow,
> adding repositories is just painful. And finding stuff in GNOME3 is
> ridiculous.

Gnome is a monstrosity. xfce is enough even for my uncle.

Regards

--
Fernando M. Maresca