I thought I should mention, before the towel is irretrievably lost, that
you'd probably find a welcome in the devuan project.  We tend to
respect developers.  I thnk you'd find a devuan live CD more to your
liking, given current politics.  I'll follow with a recent post
on the devuan mailing list.

I've CC'd the devuan mailing list.  Devuan is on its way to be the new
upstream that is what Debian once was.

--hendrik