Am 2018-02-12 16:04, schrieb Irrwahn:
Assuming you are on an ASCII system:

Yes.

I strongly suspect this is linked to the recent addition of elogind
to the repositories and the consequential changes to policykit.

In order to regain "classic" consolekit operation you may try the
following recipe:

1. Make sure the following packages are installed in their respective
   most recent versions:
        consolekit
        policykit-1
        libpolkit-backend-1-0-consolekit

2. Run pam-auth-update in a root console and make sure that elogind
   is disabled and consolekit is enabled, leaving all other options
   as they are.

3. Reboot, or at least cycle through runlevel 1 and back to 2.

To switch back to elogind, if you so desire, you basically revert
steps 1. and 2.: Install libpolkit-backend-1-0-elogind and enable
it with pam-.auth-update, disabling consolekit at the same time.

I found a simpler way to make it work again on stackexchange (last message):
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/29637/how-do-i-shut-down-a-system-through-a-consolekit-dbus-message-as-user

But is this the right way to do this?