If we are talking about the technical problem (which did exist) let's talk
about the technical problem.
If we are talking of the political/security problem let's talk about that.  But
don't try to make soup out of what we are talking about, and it is to your
interest to try to understand criticism, despite of the form it is coming from.

Today, and after a lengthy discussion on the onion repository malfunction,
based on the "new" evidence Katolaz has provided us, there is a speculation of
the source of the technical problem.  Again and again and in several machines
and users the problem appeared as "pieces" of the repository been missing.
Stuff that was in there the day before would be missing but the rest would be
there from both devuan and debian, and there would be no "error" in updating
repositories.

A    It seems as obvious now that when amprolla3 tries to merge from
debian.onion debian has some amprolla like merging system of its
subrepositories (not all in a single server).  Some of them may be timing out,
and amprolla3 is not forwarding those errors as partial hits.

B    Using tor://pkgmaster. ...    amprolla3 is hitting the deb.debian.org (or
some other clearnet address) and it never runs into timing out issues, so
tor://pkgmaster is always in tact and consistent.  It seems as in the past 2
weeks someone must have realized what is going on and went in and adjusted the
timeout threshold, which explains the current consistent results.  Or else,
there is a limit to how much I can speculate, but something seems to have
gotten fixed.

C    The political/security issue is that we (users) have been in the blind.
   1   When someone chose to shift the onion repository address to pkgmaster (a
beta system) someone should have made an adequate announcement and such was
never made, not in the webpage not in the "officially official forum" that no
developer has ever visited.
   2    If the admin of the pkgmaster.devuan.org can distinguish whether a
connection is using onion or clearnet (apart from tor, they are not the same
you know, you can use tor to access any clearnet address that has not
blacklisted all exit nodes, but you can not use http/https to reach an onion
address) either the server on the onion address is a different server (as
allowed to conclude by differential parallel results) or it is forwarding those
connections to "other" servers.  That ability to distinguish the two and act
based on that distinction is problematic!
   3    If a tor connection is made through the tor network and out in the
clear, and back into tor again (as described by Katolaz) then according to
torproject the identity of the user can be revealed.  They don't know how it
happens, they can't yet explain it, but they have warned and reported this for
a long time.  People abused the abilities of tor and it creates vulnerabilities
that can't be controlled.  Imagine  a server running tor and feeding an IP to
another machine and that other machine is running tor a second time.  The
identity can be revealed, and I don't need to explain to whom or why.

So, thank you, I (we) have been convinced here that "unfortunately" we have
been right all along, we did our best to report and alert of the problem,
partially the problem seems to have been silently fixed, but "admins" chose to
try to shove things under the carpet and maintain a code of silence about it
till things become explosive.  Because when someone is telling you, hey buddy
you have a problem.  Hey buddy, this is the problem you have, and the only
response is "there is no problem, you are crazy", then morally one is obliged
to make noise and alert victims of the problem denied by authority!

Good bye, and try to be more social when you receive constructive criticism.
Something that seems to have been long gone in linux environment.

PS  To those asking MORE technical evidence, go to the officially official
devuan forum and you will find all the specifics.  Ask fsmithred to point it to
you as he was the only one that took attention and tried some things out to
figure it out for himself.  Unfortunately by the time he did the problem was
cured.  When half the dependencies were missing for installing eudev and openrc
in ascii he couldn't tell why it was happening.

PS2  alessandro ...  I am surprised with this attitude you got so far
(linux.com) ...  but talking with that tone should be reserved for up close
conversations you spineless piece of shit hiding behind a terminal.  I'll see
you at some conference and we can continue.