On 04/09/2018 11:18 PM, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
On Mon, 9 Apr 2018 22:24:23 -0700, Jimmy wrote in message
<33140363-b094-a601-c3ce-2f834a6ef...@gmail.com>:

Hey Guys, first my thanks to Timothy who had the foresight to start
this project and stay with it.  Timothy Pearson you rock!

I test Debian and Ubuntu KDE for more than 20yrs, but no more I'm
leaving Plasma and Systemd, they take the Happy out of Camping and
computing too.

I'm looking for a distro that features TDE-Trinity, based on Ubuntu
with No-Systemd, or better yet something similar to Devuan where you
can do a base install and add TDE-Trinity, anybody working on this?

..I have tried TDE-Trinity on Devuan Jessie, but found it flakier
than KDE and Plasma.
I simply added TDE-Trinity's builddep-r14.0.0 and trinity-14.0.0
debian deb 'n deb-src lines to my /etc/apt/sources.list.
Once you comment those lines out, TDE-Trinity becomes "obsolete"
and are easily purged.

Thanks for the reply.

I have no problem with KDE4 on Jessie, the only problem I have with Jessie is that it's not spectre variant 1&2 patched, only meltdown patched. So I run day to day ASCII with TDE-Trinity for Stretch and it's a clean install with no problems.

Cheers,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Devuan ASCII - TDE Trinity R14.0.5 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda6
Registered Linux User #380263