Jared Mauch (jared) writes:

> >> Beware the mistakes of others as well, check out 'corp.verio.net' as an
> >> example of a poorly operated sub-domain.
> >
> >     corp.verio.net is indeed a subdomain, and not a registered domain:
>
> Sorry, you seem to need more data to observe what i was trying to point out..

        No, I agree with you - the sub-domain is mis managed, I was just
pointing
        out that a sub-domain of an existing domain isn't the same as "a
        registered domain". Those are two different options, as far as the
        original poster is concerned.

> Please point out the trouble with this in one sentence or less.

        % dig @10.1.2.1 @corp.XXXXXXX.XX ns |grep -w NS | wc -l
        91

        (another site I've managed)

        It was fun the day the list of NSes exceeded 512 bytes and they
        had blocked TCP/53 in the firewalls (and EDNS0 wasn't supported
        of course).

        Anyway, back to the topic :)