Hello Ilari,

> On Sep 30, 2015, at 12:23 PM, Ilari Liusvaara <ilari.liusva...@elisanet.fi>
> wrote:
>

> DNS-over-TLS (-00):
>
> 1) Section 3.2:
>
> Is the section about authentication just examples or is it missing
> stuff like pinning RPK of the server?

I don't feel that section 3.2 is missing anything.  Pinning is mentioned
later in the Security Considerations section.

> Also, DNS servers are usually designated by IP, but certificates
> work by domain name...

The subject of a certificate can be a domain name or an IP address, and there
are other ways of establishing trust of a server certificate.

> 2) Section 3.3:
>
> I presume each request or reply SHOULD also be inside just one
> TLS record (but multiple queries/responses can be combined into
> a single one)?

I think you're saying that a DNS message shouldn't be split between
multiple TLS records.   Is that because of performance or security reasons?
And do applications generally have that level of control over TLS?

DW