Hi all,

This is the argument that I expected; single port allocation looks
clean, and enables "simple" delivery of processing resources.

That's why we created ports, no?  (please flame here, I have no
idea about this historical claim).

The underlying question raised by this lovely proposition is:

  Was that such a great idea in the first place, now that we know
  that surveillance is **what happens on the internet**.

We need the tech community to re-evaluate assumptions based
on what has been learned since RFC7258.

I do not suggest that DKG's suggestion is the answer, but I suggest
that it is worth consideration, and more importantly, the concepts
behind it need considering.

Should we mandate that all future protocols are "demuxible" from
all previous?

For me, I say "looks like a good idea" (stream based over TLS).

Bring on the discussion.

Regards,
  Hugo Connery
--