Am 01.08.2018 um 16:47 schrieb Paul Hoffman:
> So, with padding policy now in the RFC Editor's queue, it would be grand if
> the WG could put more energy into resolver-to-authoritative. The chairs
> started a bunch of topic-specific threads that got a bit of response, but
> then silence fell. I care a lot about this, and hope others do as well.

Hello,

I also care about that topic. I see two independent challenges:
1. establish a authenticated secure channel between resolver and authoritative
2. resolver must detect, use and cache this channel

There was some work at IETF101+102 Hackathon (1) addressing point 1.
It's implementing the DNSSEC-Chain-Extension. But not more then prototyping...

Andreas

(1)
https://github.com/IETF-Hackathon/ietf101-project-presentations/blob/master/DNS_DOH_presentation.pdf,
 Page 6