On 6/9/2020 10:17 AM, Bruno BEAUFILS wrote:
On Mon, Jun 08, 2020 at 06:36:20PM +0200, john doe wrote:
2. remove the leases file

Try clearing the lease for the host in question:

$ systemctl stop dnsmasq
Remove the file altogether or remove the desired lease in the lease file:.
Lease file path: '/var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases'
$ systemctl start dnsmasq

As I wrote, it is already what I did.

My lease file is under /var/lib/dnsmasq/dnsmasq.leases though.

IN plain English, you need to clear the lease or you need to wait for
the lease to expire.

This is exactly what I hoped but what I observed not working.

Do we agree that to clean the leases the removal of the leases file
when dnsmasq is stopped is sufficient?

Correct, rereading your first e-mail, try to clear the lease on your
dhcp client.

With dhclient something like 'dhclient -r <INT-NAME>'.

Also your host definition has 'id:*', I would try to remove it.

--
John Doe