On Wed, 23 Mar 2016, Darcy Kevin (FCA) wrote:

The more generalized form, of course, is for the client to provide a bitmap
and/or an enumerated list, of the RRTYPEs it wishes to receive and/or not
receive.

One of the sticky problems to deal with, however, is how the server should
respond if it implements some, but not all of the RRTYPEs requested (spike the
whole transaction with a NOTIMP? return the ones it knows about and a pseudo-RR
representing the ones it doesn't?)

That has been suggested in the past as well, but it seems it was not
liked eiter. We even already have the bitmap as it is used for NSEC3.

Since at the time I wanted it for "additional crypto" records, and
that seemed to have moved to SRV style prefix records, I didn't
try harder.

Paul