Andrew Sullivan <a...@anvilwalrusden.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 04:45:51PM -0700, Marek Vavruša wrote:
> > Me and Olafur wrote a draft on adding AAAA records to A answers and
> > treating them as authoritative.
>
> The last time this was proposed, in DNSEXT when Olafur was co-chair,
> the proposal was rejected on the following grounds:
>
>     1.  We had no idea what resolvers who weren't expecting the AAAA
>     in the Answer section would do.  This draft says what is "more
>     likely", but I have no way of evaluating that claim.  Without an
>     EDNS0 signal, I think this proposal is pretty dangerous.

This makes me wonder, if you put the extra records in the additional
section instead, what implications does that have wrt RFC 2181
trustworthiness ranking.

Tony.
--
f.anthony.n.finch  <d...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/  -  I xn--zr8h punycode
Biscay: Northerly or northwesterly 4 or 5, becoming variable 4, then becoming