On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 02:14:43AM +0000, Alain Durand wrote:
> All strings, regardless of the intend to be placed on the 6761 registry or in
> the DNS root zone, are potentially subjects to IPR & socio-economic issues.
>
> There is nothing circular here. Do you agree or not with that statement?

If I knew what "potentially subject to IPR & socio-economic issues", I
might.  But I think you're smuggling into your argument a claim that
they're potentially subject to the IPR and socio-economic issues that
have been a problem in the DNS root and TLD zones.  That's in effect
an argument that the special-names registrations are not special.  I
do not agree with that claim.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
a...@anvilwalrusden.com