What would really help here would be standardize a way to measure toxicity. We
could then track a specific string toxicity over time, and maybe then define a
threshold where it is OK or not OK to delegate that particular string.

I would personally agree with your assessment that maintaining this list in
6761 is problematic, for the reason mentioned in section 3.f of darft-adpkja:

"f.  [RFC6761] does not have provision for subsequent management of
       the registry, such as updates, deletions of entries, etc…”

Alain.