o  When a top-level name is used as a means either of marking the
      rest of a Domain Name for resolution using a protocol other than
      DNS, or is used for resolution of names with no global meaning,
      not all software that processes such names will understand the
      names' special meanings.  Consequently, any such use results in
      queries for those names being sent to authoritative servers.