In advance, I do apologize for me taking additional bandwidth

I received many interesting off list emails, many did not understand
why ethics regarding IP was different from that of names. I incorrectly
assumed that everyone simply knew that there are differences.

This may also be a basic consideration why some DNS admins do not see
what they do as so much different than that which other admins do,

Maybe this needs to be said in more detail, instead of what I am
saying just looking like a belief or a point of view.

> On Dec 19, 2016, at 2:28 AM, ac <a...@main.me> wrote:
> > In your example, ethically, it is a problem that should be
> > addressed on IP, not on DNS

the reason why there is an ethical difference between Domain Names and
IP resources starts with the fact that domain names are other people's
actual intellectual (legal) property. There is also all the other
considerations, for example DNS is a question whereas some other
protocols are instructive, based on the answers to questions.

IP resources (RIR) are generally not registered as intellectual property
and so the ethical considerations regarding IP are different to that of names.

There is more, and the rest could be added so that the ethical side of DNS may
become more highlighted.

Andre