Hi,

I have one comment for this draft. In Section 3.3 Message Format, I would
prefer that if a Session Signaling message is received where any of the section
count fields are not zero, the receiver MUST respond with an error code, e.g.
FORMERR, but MUST NOT terminate the connection. My reason is that in order to
ignore any non-zero count fields, the receiving software must have code to walk
all the sections and this code would effectively be useless, but would still
have to be properly maintained. The soft error response is required to make it
possible for a future client to probe servers for support for a future Session
Signaling based feature that uses the RR sections.

Jan.

On 3/13/17, 7:44 PM, "DNSOP on behalf of internet-dra...@ietf.org"