On 20.7.2017 19:09, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 06:59:42PM +0200, Ondřej Surý wrote:
>>> But it's certainly another step along the way to DNSbis by accident.
>>
>> Would it be useful to make it not "by accident"?
>
> Yes.  That was basically the point I was trying to make at the
> beginning of today's session, about overall analysis.
>
>  > b) make this draft DNS-SD only, so it can fast forward...
>>

> I'm not keen on this.
>

>> c) use the changed paradigm to work on DNSbis without the accident part?

Yes please!

My main opposition comes from fact that current session signaling draft
"accidentaly" defines new protocol which is using the old DNS-RFC1035 as
"transport".

I would welcome DNSbis effort with clear cut. Here please note that
clear cut does not mean that RR format and data, for example, has to be
incompatible!

It is still possible to share big chunks of specifications (like RR
definitions, namespace, etc.) but define a DNSbis protocol which is
clearly distinguishable from the old DNS.

Petr Špaček  @  CZ.NIC