On Thu, 20 Apr 2017, Evan Hunt wrote:

Once again, the recursive resolver needn't be built in. It only has to be
accessible -- via resolv.conf, for example.

Mmmm, populating auth servers based on at most an AD bit of something
from resolv.conf. Which more and more people are just pointing to
8.8.8.8. I don't think that's a good idea.

Maybe some good software and an internal-only ANAME special record
with a secure DNS helper app isn't too bad after all. But again,
if done well, would not require ANAME to ever go over the wire.

I think we've circled sufficiently around now that I'll step back and
let others chime in.

Paul