It appears that Eliot Lear  <l...@lear.ch> said:
> 1. Conflicts can be avoided between deployments of cooperating name
>    systems; and

It seems to me that the key word here is "cooperating." Considering
how many projects squat on various bits of the DNS name space, we have
seen only one show any interest in the RFC route> I think it's fair to
assume most of the rest will continue to do what they're doing now if
we make them jump through our hoops. That's why we need to make it as
easy as possible to tell people what name you're using, i.e., FCFS
allowing duplicates.

> 2. A protocol switch is created in that label (xyz.gns.alt->gns,
>    xyz.eliot.alt->eliot name service)

This is a swell research project but it is hard. Off the top of my
head I can think of at least three different places we do the protocol
switch now (socks for .onion, RRs for split horizon and homenet, fake
A/AAAA for mDNS.) I doubt I've thought of all the places people do it
now and I am sure I have not thought of ones people might try in the
future.

R's,
John