On Wed, 8 Nov 2023, Joe Abley wrote:
I think the idea is that these two existing and well-implemented mechanisms
should be considered first to see if they fit before anybody goes to the
trouble of inventing new ones.

The most likely use case for this stuff is for a domain registrant to update the DNSSEC info in a TLD, and I'm pretty sure you know more about the way .ORG is set up than I do. Since the registrant is a customer of her registrar, that's where the NOTIFY needs to go.

How well do you think it would work to send NOTIFY to the anycast mirrors that serve the .ORG zone? FWIW, even for my own tiny DNS setup, I use NOTIFY to sync with a mirror at a nearby ISP and I have to notify his hidden primary which does not appear in any NS or SOA records.

R's,
John