On 25/06/15 13:27, Phil Regnauld wrote:

Hi Phil,

>> One may not be entitled to a report, but KeNIC promised one, and didn't
>> deliver it.
>
>       Promised to who ?

To me, at least:

https://twitter.com/kenictld/status/583549933661331456

They also said they would reintroduce the DS record by 11 April:

https://twitter.com/kenictld/status/585327605622050816

>> The DS record is a different issue. If I have registered domains in .KE,
>> and they're signed, then the secure delegation chain is broken, then I
>> expect KeNIC to do something about it. At the very least, I expect them
>> to tell me what they plan on doing.
>
> But have you registered a domain under .KE ?

I don't have any personal domains in .KE at the moment, but I was born
and raised in Kenya, and still have family and friends there. They have
.KE domains. My inability to communicate with them, and their inability
to communicate with me, using .KE domains, makes this issue rather
important to me.

> The report is a service to the community, not an obligation.

Yes, the report is a nice-to-have, rather than essential. The DS record,
on the other hand, is not optional. KeNIC gave us the candy, and have
now taken it away again.

> The fact that the delegation is broken is certainly something registrars
> and customers here in Kenya can complain about, not us.

I don't live in Kenya now, but why does that matter? I am affected by
DNSSEC failure in .KE, and I can choose to voice an opinion about it.

Regards,
Anand