Hi Tom
This was in an old user posting
"If you insert a sound object using Insert > Movie and Sound it will play
immediately when you show the slide in a slide show.

One way to make the sound start when you want is to make an exact
duplicate of the slide and embed the sound on the second slide. You just
advance to the second slide to start the sound.

The second way is to insert an object that is not a sound and use it as a
button to start the sound. For example: Insert > Picture > From File
You could choose a picture that looks like a speaker icon.
With the picture selected, right click it and choose Interaction...
Beside Action at mouse click, choose Play Sound
Click the Browse button and select a sound file to play.
Click OK
In your slide show, click the picture "icon" to start playing the sound."

Perhaps it might be a work around?

regards
Martin

--