Le 30/06/11 09:13, Jean Hollis Weber a écrit :

Hi Jean,

> Have you seen his website and his book? They are good resources for
> people who want serious info on macros. (Shameless plug for Andrew)
>
> http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php
> http://www.pitonyak.org/book/

Just as a side remark, and hijacking this thread somewhat, it has always
amazed me how fragmented the market for books on OOo, and now LibO, has
been. From just the references I know of :

English language books : editors I have seen range from Lulu (individual
authoring), Sam's, the "for Dummies" series, probably a few others of
which I've not heard.

French language : a plethora of small publishing houses by different
authors, mostly OOo/LibO module-centric, e.g. Eyrolles is perhaps the
most well-known publisher. They also produce the excellent book on Macro
programming by Laurent Godard and Bernard Marcelly (in French only alas).

German language : books by Thomas Krumbein, covering each module of the
suite. There are others I have seen on my travels to Germany.

In my experience, it is fairly rare to see one editor publish in
multiple languages, the exception possibly being the "for Dummies" book.

I am at a loss to understand why this might be, after all, there are a
fair number of talented technical translators out there, but I suppose
that translation costs inevitably eat into editors' margins.

Alex