Hi,

Am 02.07.2011 00:15, schrieb André Schnabel:

>> May I suggest that you post a suggested text here, and then I'll check
>> it for spelling/grammar and ask any questions that might help ensure
>> clarity and ease of understanding?
> Ok, will do.

And done - I found only two references tho the (current) option in our help.

1st: help for Tools - Options - Calc - View

Suggested text for the drop down:

Specifies how grid lines will be displayed. Default is to display grid
lines only on cells that do not have a background color. You may choose
to display grid lines also on cells with background color or hide them.
For printing, choose Format - Page - Sheet and mark the Grid check box.

(The second sentence is a copy from current help and is still correct.)

2nd: help on "Change Table Views"

"Under the menu item Tools - Options - %PRODUCTNAME Calc go to the View
tab page. Choose to hide Grid lines from the drop-down. Confirm with OK."

I just changed the current 2nd sentence "Unmark Grid lines."

btw.: This help item is incomplete, as we can hide grids per sheet view
toolbar.

3rd: Enhanced tooltip

Currently no enhanced tool tip is displayed for the checkbox as
respective help item has the wrong help-id.
It's easy to re-use halp text as suggested above, so I would use:

"Specifies how grid lines will be displayed. Default is to display grid
lines only on cells that do not have a background color. You may choose
to display grid lines also on cells with background color or hide them."

Strings with full xml-tags are at the wiki.

regards,

André