Le 2013-02-09 19:22, Robinson Tryon a écrit :
On Thu, Feb 7, 2013 at 9:04 PM, Marc Paré<m...@marcpare.com>  wrote:
  IMO, it would be
better to find the instances of the links and remove them. There could not
be that many as surely, the Ask.LibreOffice.org site would have either
escalated that particular answer with the link to the top of the "best
answers" list or the java description would have been spelled out in one of
the answers and escalated to the top.

The specific case here has been dealt with, so I consider that issue
resolved. In the more general case, I guess the question is "When
linking to content, what documentation resources will be least
susceptible to link rot?"

--R

Well, realistically, all of them. Our work is based on the numbers of contributors, and, like any other part of the project, we cannot force anyone to work on anything that they do not want to work on. So, IMO, unless there are very committed people on board, then, all work on the project is susceptible to link rot.

Cheers,

Marc

--
Marc Paré