On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 8:14 AM, Jean Weber wrote:
> I've also been considering trying out some additional pages of collections,
> grouped by component, to supplement the pages grouped by document type.
> However, it's not a good idea to have too many pointers that need to be
> manually added or updated, so I need to look up how to embed (include) a page
> of info into several display pages. I've done this before, but not for
> several years. Or perhaps someone here is familiar with that technique?
> Clayton, perhaps?

Back in the OOo Wiki days we used an extension called Labeled Section
Transclusion
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Labeled_Section_Transclusion
This allows you to mark and transclude a section of one page into another page.

I don't know if that extension is available on the LibO Wiki (haven't checked).

You can also do full topic/page transclusion without any magic or
extensions: http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Transclusion
Basically, this is what you are doing when you use a Template, but you
can do the same with pretty much any content... the limitation is you
get the whole page instead of a section of a page.

C.