On Sunday, March 16, 2014 09:47:33 AM you wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 6:58 AM,  <timothy.m.butterwo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Jean,
> >>
> >> I attempted to upload the .ODT version hoping to make it an additional
> >> available format for download but Google currently rejects that file
> >> type.
> >> It is limited to PDF, epub as well as cover art in jpeg/gif.
> >>
> >> Tim
> >
> > Jean,
> >
> > According to Google The getting started guide is now live and online in
> > The
> > PE, US and VE sales regions. I am currently not able to located it though
> > through their search tools.
> >
> > I did find that there is another group that has uploaded some but not all
> > of the manuals under the Google Play Books Textbooks. They are missing
> > covers and have other minor issues though but they did get ISBN Numbers
> > assigned for them though.
> >
> > http://books.google.com/books/about/Getting_Started_with_LibreOffice_4_0.h
> > tml?id=H3ennAEACAAJ
> >
> > I will let everyone know when I am finished publishing all of them and
> > they
> > actually show up in the content search.
> >
> > Tim
>
> That "other group" is us. Those are copies of the printed editions
> published by Friends of OpenDocument, Inc and sold through Lulu.com.
> The ISBN are the ones from the interior PDFs of the printed editions,
> which is why they lack covers. They would be formatted for 6"x9" and
> in black-and-white.
>
> When I published the printed editions, I ticked a box on Lulu's site
> for making them available through Google. I didn't pay enough
> attention to know where they would end up. I note, however, that there
> is no link to where one can actually buy the book, at least not in
> Australia; when I look at that page, I see links to 4 Australian
> retailers, but none of them actually have the book (which is what I
> would expect). I assume that you, in the USA, see links to different
> retailers.
>
> --Jean

Jean,

I have the books set for work wide distribution but due to Google business
limitations they are currently only available for PE, US and VE sales regions.

Also I am going to contact some of the US publishers ORielly etc and ask them
to publish hard copy. Some of them do this already for other open source
projects like MySQL. I will let you know if any of them agree to publish them.

Tim