Tom, please pay attention. Alan found a problem with references to the
Englsih Getting Started guide, which he did not realise has changed in
GSv4.2. Starting from scratch translating either the German 4.2 or 4.3
Base Handbook into English would not solve the problem because
references from the Base Handbook to the Getting Started Guide would
still be wrong.

I have just forwarded to the list three notes that I had written
earlier but failed to send as reply to all; instead I replied only to
Alan, so everyone else won't have seen them. In the third I mention
where the previous version of the Getting Started chapter is now
located, renamed as a tutorial.

Robert, does the previous English GS chapter, which is now available
as a tutorial, cover the missing info? If so, Alan can just change the
references from GS to the tutorial. Or we could include that tutorial
in the Handbook as an Appendix; that would work too, perhaps better
than sending people to a separate document. But either of those
solutions depends on whether the tutorial covers the necessary info.

--Jean