Hi Martin,

I understand the need and certainly want to make sure that your needs are met. I am questioning the rationale.

Rather, I am just trying to understand how it works. Specifically:

1. How does simply clicking before a word or phrase rather than
   selecting it give the result you want? What is the difference in
   what is produced?
2. Does LibreOffice still grab neighboring words rather than the
   specific word or phrase we write in the Insert Index Entry dialog?
   It sounds like a bug that should be addressed at some point. It also
   does not sound like a difficult issue to fix. If it has not been
   addressed, has a bug report been filed?

Thank you.

Cathy