Thanks for the info Michael. I had sent the tacho to them and they said
they could not determine what the gear ratio (?) of the broken spur gear is
so they advised me to send it to a shop in Virginia Beach, who subsequently
said they couldn't help me and sent the tacho back to mel I have installed
a vibration sense meter and am interested to track it's time shown vs the
actual clock time of engine run.