Hi Terry,

> The only problem is the boot order.  On 9.04 I had set this so that
> Windows was the default, because this is the family games machine and
> mostly runs Windows games.  The new system has Kubuntu as the default
> and I cannot work out how to change this.

Perhaps the `DEFAULT' entry in /etc/default/grub?  (Menu items numbered
from 0.)  And then run `sudo update-grub'.  Other configuration resides
in /etc/grub.d, allegedly.  But none of that probably applies since I
gleaned it from the forum post you gave.

Cheers,

Ralph.

--
Next meeting: Dorchester, Tuesday 2009-11-03 20:00
Dorset LUG: http://dorset.lug.org.uk/