At first try, Kdenlive appears broken on 10.04.
Won't load or display Cheese ogv's, same if you pre-process on Pitivi
first.
However, PiTiVi doesn't add file extensions; if you process the ogv into
an mp4, using one of the mpeg codecs in an avi container muxer, and add
the .mp4 extension to the output name, not only will Kdenlive work with
it, but playback on Kdenlive will work properly for the first time too.
(It didn't on 9.10).
Then you can take advantage of Kdenlive's excellent and intuitive
composition and export options.
Simono

--
Next meeting: Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-05-11 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413