Further news - I used Transmission to download 'Ice Cold In Alex'(one of
my favourites-no sweat I bought the DVD just they are hobbled) - and
watched it fullscreen on VLC.
NICE TOUCH!
Unlike with BBC i_player, VLC on 10.04 has a lockout, so in 2 hours the
screen saver and power saving never kicked in at all.
Sweet!
Simono

--
Next meeting: Blandford Forum, Tuesday 2010-05-11 20:00
http://dorset.lug.org.uk/     http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=2645413