My old desktop, which my partner uses, won't power up at all, as if nothing at all happens when pressing the power button. I've checked all the sockets/cables etc, so my guess is the PSU has died? The PSU is 5 years old (the desktop itself is 10 years old but I have changed quite a lot of things inside it, though not since 2006).

Before considering option of getting new PSU / getting laptop to replace it / getting new desktop / installing linux on spare old laptop to see if it can be used for internet stuff, I just wanted to check if this could be something obvious I'm missing (I'm not very knowledgeable about hardware)? I've opened up the tower and checked/pushed all the power cables but no success.

--
Next meeting:  Bournemouth, Tuesday 2011-10-04 20:00