I strongly believe (feel free to correct me please!) that most (if not all)
the AV software you get for Linux (and android?) is just using the same
signature databases as the main windows versions and thus all you are doing is
ensuring you don't download any windows viruses.
As I say, please prove me wrong :)
I also use Avast (on my windows boxes) and am indeed happy with it - but AV
s/w for Linux and android - show me some proof that they actually do something
(and don't tell me they are root-checkers please!).
Andy