On Tuesday 01 Jan 2013 14:44:43 Sean Gibbins wrote:
> However, this Christmas my son was able to purchase a decent new branded
> graphics card from PC World for the same price that it was available
> ebuyer and Amazon - that was a first!

My Samsung Chromebook was the same price at PC World as everywhere else, so I
bought it there for convenience.  For once the salesperson was not totally
clueless (he claimed to have a Chromebook himself), but that was pretty
irrelevant because I knew what I wanted.

I do buy from them when it makes sense, but I wouldn't rely on their advice.
I remember taking my mother there to get her a Dell Mini 10 Netbook when they
were available with Ubuntu.  However, PC World didn't do the Ubuntu version
and the sales guy was busy telling my mother that Linux was too difficult when
she mentioned that she'd  been using a Linux Netbook for two years and found
it much simpler than Windows!

I'm still not sure if he believed her.

                64 bit computing with Kubuntu Linux