On 10/08/18 10:59, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
Hi Tim,

But over time little niggles have crept in (I posted about those issue
a few months ago)
Is that
https://www.mail-archive.com/dorset@mailman.lug.org.uk/msg07654.html ?
I've just watched the video of Thunderbird's window not repainting
content until you run the mouse pointer over each item.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1058083 and the
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1012145 it refers to seem
relevant.

so I have got to a point where I want to setup a new profile and
import the email from the old profile into the new profile, is it
possible??
I'm sure it must be.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Importing_and_exporting_your_mail seems to
have a lot of information, but not cover your case.  It says Thunderbird
uses mbox format to store emails.  Can you exit Thunderbird, cp(1) those
elsewhere, start Thunderbird, create a new profile, and Tools→Import the
copies of the mbox files?

Cheers, Ralph.

At the bottom of the tools menu, there are a number of Import/export options for mail. But this doen't cover the option of setting up a new profile.

Peter M.