On Sunday, 29 March 2020 12:19:12 BST Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> I haven't been following closely, but ‘Credit reporting and display’ in
> https://boinc.berkeley.edu/boinc_papers/credit/text.php may be relevant
> to Terry's question.

Ralph,

Whenever I can't find the answer in Google, you pop up and show the answer in
Google...
:-)

From the link:

In BOINC, recent average credit (RAC) is computed as an exponentially weighted
average
with a half-life of one week. In other words, if an entity is not granted any
credit for one
week, its RAC will decline by 50%.
An entity's RAC is updated whenever credit is granted. To avoid expensive
database
queries, the update is not able to scan the history of previous credit grants.
The only
information available is the previous RAC, and the time it was computed. BOINC
uses the
following approximation (all times are in days).

  Next meeting: BEC, Bournemouth, Tuesday, post-lurgi 20:00