From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Thad Kerosky
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 10:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [DQSD-Users] Dave search bar and active
content blocking by XP
SP2

Indeed, the SP2 Local Machine Zone Lockdown is
blocking DQSD from

running every reboot. To fix it change (in
Start>Run>"regedit"):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software\Microsoft \Internet
Explorer\main

\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LocalMachine_Lockdown\Explorer.exe
to 0

and If It Exists:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft \Internet
Explorer\main

\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LocalMachine_Lockdown\Explorer.exe
to 0

per

http://msdn.microsoft.com/security/productinfo/XPSP2/securebrowsing/localloc
kdown.aspx

I don't see any concession to whitelist DQSD running
in explorer as it

is, we should probably add a prompt to the installer
and have it execute

this key change, maybe only if SP2 is installed.

I tried to send a registry or a zipped registry file
but sourceforge has

stringent listserv attachment policies apparently.

Thad Kerosky

Free Linux tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins,
President and CEO of

GenToo technologies. Learn everything from
fundamentals to system