At 12:35 18/11/2004 -0800, you wrote:

Hi Kim,

> Opinions? What's more important - new release or new
> release working with SP2?

IMHO, we ought to have something SP2-compatible first.

I don't think it does us any good to push out a new version when our
primary 'new' audience still can't use it.

That sentence completely sums-up the problem as I see it. I don't have any problem using normal DQSD on XPSP2 and never have - I just click through the warning bar and carry on. As far as I can tell, everything (well, the bits I use, which include the calendar) works OK. Are there people who 'can't use it'?

Lots of the 'fixes' being proposed actually seem to me to come at a much higher cost than clicking past a warning when I boot. They also seem to be very variable in their effectiveness and side-effect profile.

I'm not arguing against a proper fix for SP2, I'm just saying that it appears to me that at the current rate of progress we might wait an infinitely long time for it to emerge, and we might as well release a version of DQSD in the mean time.

Will

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: InterSystems CACHE FREE OODBMS DOWNLOAD - A multidimensional database that combines robust object and relational technologies, making it a perfect match for Java, C++,COM, XML, ODBC and JDBC. www.intersystems.com/match8 _______________________________________________ To unsubscribe visit: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/dqsd-users [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=8601