Kim -
   I agree, I thought I should have been able to get this whole thing to work
with just theme.css. But some things just wouldn't "take" right and it ended up
looking ugly. Specfically, the >> button wouldn't change colour, and a couple
of other minor things. I'm not at all sure which one overrides the other. Maybe
this could be done entirely in localsearch.css? I didn't actually try that
scenario. But definitely theme.css alone wasn't sufficient.

  I confess, this was just me poking around, no real knowledge about what was
happening where. And a lot of trial and error (which is a PITA with UAC turned
on, I can tell you!)

I don't by any means think these are definitive versions. Just my best guess by
the time I gave up at 1 AM this morning. <g> The one thing I'm sure of though
is that it is WAY better than any of the existing themes in Vista. (You really
have to see the ugliness to appreciate it how bad it is.)

Charlie.