I tried both methods

Windows 7 RC7100 64 bit to associate HTM and HTML file types with JUST the
32 bit (x86) IEXPLORE.EXE.  My be some fancy foot work behind the scenes on
MS's part.  At any rate DQSD still launched the 64 bit IEXPLORE even when
Windows presented the "IEXPLORE is not your default web browser, etc, etc"
message.

2nd method.

I created a file type ".32bitie", created a file association  and added the
attached registry entries.  Made the changes to "localprefs.js".

Starting DQSD generated script errors (Object is NULL etc) and the page
starts with the "Activex/Script blocked for security reasons, do you want to
allow, etc" message.

DQSD does start the DQSD.32BITIE pagetemplate file but it STILL runs the 64
but IEXPLORE.EXE.

If I simply click on the DQSD.32BITIE file it opens with the 32 bit
IEXPLORE.EXE, produces the ActiveX/Script warning and once I allow the
script  it does open the blank search template full screen.

So still no joy.

See my other email on updated installation tricks.